Hi, I’m Jess Hobbs, Vyond’s new community and events manager.
The team here at Vyond has spent considerable time evaluating our community development and structure. To continue on our path towards growing a dynamic community that we build together, they set out to find someone with a deep passion for community creation and management. In their search, they found me!
I have over a decade of experience in community creation and I love creating platforms for people to interact, connect, and learn. I have worn many hats in my professional life from art director to alternative energy company co-founder. The tie that binds my passion and skills is; community cultivation.
Here’s a bit about me so that you can get to know me personally. I look forward to connecting online and meeting you in person at one of our community meet-ups.
Vyond’s community vision
Vyond is lucky to have passionate customers like you. It is from this passion I want to support the growth of a deep and meaningful community of Vyond customers and enthusiasts.
Communities come in many forms, but they share a few essential aspects: trust, value, connection to others, resources, collaboration, and feedback loops. At Vyond, our community consists of our community platform, our social media channels, customer spotlights, webinars, and our face-to-face events. My focus will be to weave these into an integrated system of support, connection, and collaboration for (and with) you.
As your community manager, here’s how I plan to deliver on the core elements of community:
- We are planning community meet-ups in London (2/12), Atlanta (2/21), Seattle (3/14), and Orlando (3/28) — with more cities to come!
- For the online community, we are working to streamline and update the platform to create a more seamless all-around experience.
- It’s my job to continuously nurture the feedback loop between you and our product development team. Vyond already listens closely to your opinion, so I will help connect the dots between your feedback and the product updates they lead to.
- I will connect you to resources and spotlight your work in our community, on webinars, in person, and in video hero blog posts. Here are a few video hero spotlights from 2018: Rochelle Stern, Keith Anderson, Karen Kostrinsky, Donna Huffman, and Megan Creegan.
- I will work to fuel collaboration between you and the Vyond team; as well with one another.
The community platform
You may have heard about our online community platform, which is a place for Premium, Professional, and Enterprise Vyond Studio customers to connect and learn more about video. We launched the community earlier this year, and we’re committed to making improvements and developments in 2019. Here’s how you can help make the community a lively, valuable, and resourceful place for everyone:
- Sign up at https://vyond.force.com/community
- If you’re not able to log in, select the “Don’t Have Access” button in the top left. If you do have an active Vyond Premium, Professional, or Enterprise plan, fill out the form and we’ll get you signed up within 48 hours.
- Take a moment to introduce yourself.
- Update your notification preferences to hear what people are talking about. Notifications will be off by default. Go to your profile in the top right dropdown, select “my account,” and select “email preference” to turn them on.
- Post some of your favorite Vyond creations in the library to inspire others. Or, share your current projects to get help and feedback from your peers.
Connect with me
Your work in Vyond Studio motivates our team to continuously improve our product.
If you have questions, feedback, or suggestions please connect with me at email@example.com or on social media – Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, or Facebook. I’m looking forward to meeting and interacting with all of you.
– Jess Hobbs