Vyond is seeking an experienced Accounting Manager to supervise, monitor, and evaluate all day-to-day accounting activities. This role also helps with month-end close and building out Vyond’s policies, procedures, and internal controls. This role reports to the Head of Finance and will work closely with all operational departments across the company. The work is ever-changing and is ideal for a highly skilled technical accounting professional who thrives in a fast-paced growing environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the monthly close including consolidations, accounts payable, accounts receivable, standard and non-standard accruals, purchasing/PO’s, prepaid expense and fixed asset accounting, expense reports, balance sheet account reconciliations, and monthly allocations.
- Own the month-end and quarter-end close, global consolidation, and account reconciliation; ensure all schedules are up-to-date and maintained in an “audit ready” form, which includes being proactive in resolving any open items
- Creation of fluxes and explanations for variances for key P&L and BS accounts, support monthly, quarterly, and annual budget preparation, including regular updates on spend vs. budget
- Assist with audits and review of supporting documentation and various analysis
- Facilitate and manage tax and business compliance activities (local, state, and federal)
- Work closely with the sales team to reconcile sales transactions and compute sales commission for timely process
- Partner with various department leads regularly to ensure timely and accurate processing of accounts payable and drive improvements with the accounts payable process
- Assist in research of technical accounting issues as needed. Apply proper accounting treatment required as a basis for booking journal entries and gathering audit evidence
- Proactively identify, develop, and implement process improvements, documenting procedures to achieve efficiencies and scalability
- Contribute to special projects including new system implementations, new policies, and cross-functional issues
- Assist on ad hoc projects where needed
REQUIREMENTS, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field with 5-7 years relevant work experience
- Strong analytical skills, exceptional organization and time management skills, and the ability to work independently required
- Professional judgment and ability to interact with different levels of management
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting concepts required and familiar with international accounting standards
- Experience in SaaS business is a plus
- Knowledge of audit preparation and tax compliance
- Must have experience preparing and reconciling the following accounts: cash, prepaid and other assets, fixed assets, accounts receivable, accounts payable, compensation, vendor, and other accruals.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables and v-lookup formulas required
- Superior work paper organization, attention to detail, ability to quickly synthesize and analyze data required
- A positive, proactive, team-focused attitude and desire to do whatever it takes are essential