Data Scientist / Lead Product Data Analyst assists the Senior Manager, Data & Growth in
product research and development. The candidate will focus on product data quality. S/he
will work closely with a Product Data Analyst and support various functional teams with
insights gained from analyzing product and user behavioural data. The role is to use large
data sets to find opportunities for product optimization and to apply models to evaluate
product design and predict user behaviour. The right candidate will have a passion for
discovering insights hidden in large data sets and actively working with stakeholders to
improve business outcomes.
- Protect the credibility and reliability of data, information should be gathered using
accepted data collection techniques with privacy compliance.
- Conduct end-to-end analyses, from designing research problems, wrangling data,
developing statistical models, and to communicate findings to non-technical
- Work closely with stakeholders to determine how to use product data to evaluate
product design and create valuable business solutions.
- Use exploratory data analysis techniques to identify meaningful relationships,
patterns, or trends from complex data sets and discover opportunities in datasets to
- Apply scientific methods to understand product design and the possible causal links
to user behaviour.
- Search for ways to get new data sources and assess their accuracy.
- Create custom data models and algorithms.
- Develop processes, techniques, and tools to analyze and monitor model
performance and data accuracy.
- Specification for data collection based on the product design.
- Detailed plan for the execution of a research project with the breakdown of subsequent phases, methodology, parameters, and effort estimation.
- Production-scaled model prototype with detailed analysis of model results.
- Regular updates to stakeholders.
- Master / Bachelor degree in Social Sciences, Management Information Systems,
Bioinformatics, Statistics, or related fields.
- Min 3 years’ solid experiences on using statistical computer languages (R, Python,
SQL, etc.) to process data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Working knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision
tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Strong data cleaning and validating skills to ensure data quality for exploration,
understanding, and modelling.
- Able to demonstrate capability for original research, the curiosity to uncover
promising solutions to new problems, and the persistence to carry your ideas through
to an end goal.
- Excellent organizational skills; attention to details and a focus on quality and
- Knowledge of GDPR and ISO 27001 compliance on data governance, privacy, and
information security is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to promote cross-team collaboration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Able to learn on the fly, be curious about the latest trends, and master new
- Fluent in English is a must, Cantonese proficiency is desirable.
- Open and flat culture that lets you make a real impact
- Friendly and collaborative work environment
- Medical Insurance
- Performance-based yearly bonus
- Five-day work week
- Birthday holiday
- Video games and Ping Pong for breaks
- 5-minute walk from Sheung Wan MTR
- Close to numerous affordable great restaurants
- The most comfortable and energizing open office in town
- Free snacks, fruits, coffee, and other drinks
- Beer Fridays!
- Watch 12 movies for free every year!
VYOND™ is a trademark of GoAnimate, Inc.
Interested parties please send your resume with the current and expected salary and date of availability.
Email Your Resume