The Director, Animation oversees all aspects of content production, the animation pipeline and integrations between animation and the rest of the product development team including design, product management and engineering. The Director, Animation also collaborates with the Sales, Marketing and Customer Success functions to ensure the content produced by the animation team makes a significant contribution to reaching the company’s sales target. The Director, Animation is a gatekeeper responsible to maintain the highest standard of content quality featured in the Vyond asset library. The Director, Animation reports to the Head of Product.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead a rapidly expanding team of 10+ internal and outsourced animators, QA experts and technical artists
- Develop and implement a vision for how animation and content production support the company’s strategic goals
- Structure, recruit and grow the animation team following best-in-class industry standards
- Collaborate with other function leads to ensure animation is fully integrated with other teams’ processes and contributing to the product roadmap
- Coach and direct the animation team when scoping content production projects ; support the team in developing reusable best practices
- Research global market trends in the field of animation, as well as business communication, in order to drive continuous improvement
- Contribute to inspire and educate Vyond users on creating engaging and professional videos
- Research latest practices and tools to keep on improving the animation pipeline and processes
- Share best practices and toolkit with other animators to inspire and streamline the production process
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience.
- 10+ years experience in the 2D/3D animation industry. Significant involvement in game and/or application development task forces a definite plus
- 5+ experience as a team lead, overseeing recruitment and team growth as well as internal processes and tools
- Good knowledge of multiple art and animation pipelines.
- Passionate on experimenting with user facing video creation tools in the market, with an understanding of what makes the application easy-to-use and engaging.
- Great presentation skills, being able to pitch ideas across the company.
- Superior communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills with an ability to identify, troubleshoot and provide solutions for issues related to the animation framework.
- Fluent in verbal and written English is a must.
- Solid working experience of Adobe Animate, Adobe After Effects, Blender.
- Experience with productivity tools like JIRA, Slack, Lucidspark and Google Workspace is a plus.
Email your Resume