The Director, Data at Vyond oversees the strategic use of multiple types of data across the company within the scope defined by product development and represents data as a strategic business asset. The Director, Data is responsible for defining the company’s data management plans, provides user insight and data analytics leadership to the business, and enables the company to harness data to manage risk and create revenue-generating opportunities. The Director, Data is also responsible for maintaining data integrity, as well as coordinating and supporting teams to be involved in data governance and to utilize data to drive value across the business.
Role & Responsibilities
Supervise and grow the Vyond data team, under the scope of product development, including data analysts, data scientists and technical project leads.
- Interview, hire, and oversee training of data resources.
- Supervise data resources allocation and priorities
- Perform regular performance reviews, set goals, and grow team members
- Work with upper management to build a data strategy
- Support upper management by building BI reports, and provide actionable insights, while maintaining a sound data architecture across systems and data types
- Collaborate with product development to implement sound data structures and tracking across systems
- Champion the use of data modeling and machine learning to achieve superior product performance and business growth
- Understand and report on how the company’s data is gathered, stored, processed, transmitted, managed, protected within the company and by third-party agents.
- Establish and maintain data governance, quality, architecture, and analytics.
- Build a culture where data is proactively used in the company to meet regulatory demands, manage risk, identify product-market fit, and create revenue-generated opportunities.
- Reduce costs and redundancies that result from multiple isolated data programs across lines of business.
- A Master degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Bioinformatics, Applied Mathematics, Economics or experience in other relevant fields;
- 7+ years of data project-related work experience in high growth start-ups, tech companies, or consulting, with at least 4+ years at a team lead level/strategic mentorship roles
- Fundamental understanding of SaaS business and are capable of driving projects to add value to the company;
- Strong analytical skills and passion for data;
- Ability to tell a story from data and present it in a clear and compelling way;
- Able to coach teams on effective usage of SQL, VBA, R, Python, BI tools, Analytics tools (Amplitude, Google Analytics, etc.);
- Experience with Machine Learning and Deep Learning a definite plus;
- Proficient communication in English;
- Desire to work in a vibrant and fast-paced environment with high-quality standards and tight deadlines;
- Leadership, conflict, and people management ability
- Great energy and a positive attitude
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com