As the Director of Customer Learning, you will build the strategy for and execute a comprehensive learning program (Vyond University) targeting Vyond’s global customer base, allowing them to expand their expertise in creating dynamic and engaging videos with Vyond.
You will serve as a key leader, ensuring our customers receive the education necessary to quickly realize initial value from Vyond and maximize the long-term value of our product over time. This role operates cross-functionally between marketing and customer success and is responsible for overall curriculum development, instructional design, program certification, learning technology selection and management, and program measurement. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to build Vyond University from the ground up, creating a portfolio of training experiences that cater to Vyond customers of all skill levels and job roles.
- Build the strategy, project plan, operating principles, and measurement for Vyond University, Vyond’s comprehensive customer learning program.
- Develop and deliver training curriculum to teach Vyond customers how to use Vyond Studio and the building blocks of successful video production (i.e., script-writing, storyboarding, voice-overs, etc.).
- Work with cross-functional leaders and their teams to ensure buy-in for and collaboration on all initiatives.
- Strategically evaluate available technology for content creation, program deployment, and ongoing management, select and manage the deployment and ongoing maintenance of said technology.
- In collaboration with Vyond’s community manager, build and manage a customer certification program for Vyond skills development.
- Ensure programs are delivered with the highest quality to build customer confidence, satisfaction, and trust.
- Maintain and communicate a curriculum development road map to internal stakeholders and customers.
- Evaluate and improve program effectiveness through defined measurement and customer feedback.
Position Requirements and Experience
- 6+ years of experience developing and managing customer training programs for technology platforms, across multiple delivery media with a focus on video tutorials
- Experience with Vyond required
- Experience with course authoring and content delivery tools
- Strong leadership skills with hands-on experience as an individual contributor and with building and leading teams
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with cross-functional teams while being flexible and responsive to dynamic situations and changing priorities
- Highly self-motivated and able to work and make decisions independently
- Strong communication skills and experience selecting and managing technology vendors
- Digital design, advanced video production capabilities a plus
- Empathy and compassion for others
- Entrepreneurial drive to build a program that will have a major impact on the Company’s success
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
This is a full-time position based in our downtown San Mateo, CA office.