Vyond is seeking an experienced Financial Planner & Analyst to act as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support ‘optimal’ business decision making. This role will be a key asset in the future growth of the company. This individual will be responsible for the Company’s annual budgeting process, quarterly forecast, operating plan variance analysis, and special projects. S/he will provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, acquisition analysis, and other projects requested by senior management. This position reports to the Head of Finance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and enhance financial plans including budgeting and modeling, and strategic planning of various revenue and expenses drivers to drive insightful analyses.
- Develop a thorough understanding of interdependencies of all P&L line items and profitability drivers.
- Work with individual departments to prepare budgets and consolidate them into one overall company budget.
- Provide analyses and trends on business by departments, region, or business unit, and perform variance analyses to explain differences in performance and make improvement going forward.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses, and capital expenditures.
- Examine and evaluate the cost-efficiency of each department of the company, in light of what percentage of the company’s financial resources each department consumes.
- Understand accounting rules governing the financials and facilitate analysis and understanding of impact when accounting rules change.
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and understand ROI in marketing programs, new campaign rollouts as well as new projects.
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision-making purposes.
- Assist with the company’s Business Intelligence initiatives and projects.
- Continuously improve and streamline the financial management processes including monthly reporting and forecasting.
REQUIREMENTS, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA highly preferred.
- 4+ years experience in financial planning & analysis, business analysis or equivalent experience in software or high tech industry.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Accounting/GAAP and finance knowledge.
- Broad business knowledge and a good understanding of business best practices.
- Must be able to manage projects across multiple departments with limited supervision.
- Experience in financial modeling and data-driven financial analysis.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven, and self-motivated.
- Capable of handling and intelligently analyzing a mountain of different types of data and data evaluation metrics.
- Great problem solver – able to decipher the various puzzle pieces that constitute a company’s finances and envision putting the pieces together to formulate a variety of possible growth scenarios.
- Ability to roll up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity.