Vyond is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Revenue Manager to join the expanding Finance team. Reporting to the Head of Finance, this role will serve as the finance organization’s subject matter expert on revenue accounting and engage with the business to provide revenue recognition compliant solutions, including contract reviews, non-standard sales deals, new product introductions, etc. Our ideal candidate is a hands-on leader who embraces ambiguity and can work independently to solve problems and provide support to your team members including invest in their growth and success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work cross-functionally with FP&A, Legal, Sales, Sales Operations, Channel, AR, and various business owners on policies, processes, and programs, and help drive key system initiatives and improvements and to provide revenue assurance in the pricing models and new product introductions.
- Lead operational improvement initiatives to further streamline revenue operations process and shorten the revenue close calendar.
- Manage all customer inquiries, own customer billing cycle from sales order to cash collection, to revenue recognition, ensuring all customer data is recorded accurately in company ERP system.
- Review customer contracts, partnership agreements to determine proper revenue recognition and invoicing. Develop reconciliation procedures, reports, and reconciliation schedules for customer aging and deferred/recognized revenue.
- Document revenue recognition treatment and issues in accordance with IFRS 15 and ASC 606, and internal revenue policies, and prepare technical memos for revenue, accounts receivable, bad debt, reserves, etc, and serve as subject matter expert in these areas.
- Own and manage month-end revenue close by preparing all revenue account reconciliations and journal entries for all revenue and revenue-related areas including but not limited to: journal entries for revenue, deferred revenue, accounts receivable, and related accounts on a monthly basis, among others.
- Participate in developing and maintaining strong internal controls, ensuring quality controls over revenue transactions and reporting, establishing accuracy and compliance with GAAP, and appropriate documentation for external reporting and audit requirements.
- Support audit deliverables and help coordinate with auditors during the year-end audit.
- Prepare ad hoc revenue analysis as requested.
REQUIREMENTS, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent in accounting, finance, or economics
- 5+ years of revenue accounting experience, a deep understanding of revenue accounting in SAAS company preferable
- Must have a strong understanding and application of US GAAP, with a specialization of knowledge surrounding ASC 606 Revenue and ability to perform in-depth research on complex technical accounting matters and effectively summarize conclusions
- Experience partnering with cross-organizational teams and developing cross-functional workstreams
- Demonstrated success in prior roles through promotion and/or increased scope of responsibilities
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Ability to recognize problems, gather data, draw valid conclusions, and effectively present information to managers, peers, and customers
- Strong understanding of internal controls and SOX compliance
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively in order to meet tight deadlines, working independently
- Ability to recognize problems, gather data, draw valid conclusions, and effectively present information across a wide level of audience within the company.
- Strong people management and mentoring skills
- Experience with Zuora billing/subscription management system and Salesforce experience preferred
This is a full-time position based in our San Mateo, CA office.