We are looking for a Senior Animator – Character Design to join our growing team in Hong Kong or Taiwan.
- Collaborate directly with managers and team leads to develop art and technical direction, workflow and guidelines, advocate best practices for in-house tool development.
- Work closely with animators, designers and software engineers during the innovation process, identify solutions and meet tight deadlines.
- Be ready to drive conversation regarding skeletal character development, character improvement related topics. Guide early prototype.
- Strong cultural awareness and sensitive to mass-market appeal. Ability to innovate with ideas, results that are culturally relevant to our customers (US market centric).
- Create and maintain high-quality application components and tools.
- Create a reusable, expandable character rigging set up.
- Identify the dependencies in current rigging/animation processes and envision potential blockers.
- Identify current content (skeleton rig and animation) for technical integrity before integrating them into the application.
- Further the storytelling process by providing the personality, look and characteristics of the characters in content videos.
- Provide mentorship and feedback regarding design and application of characters to fellow team members if applicable.
Required experience and skills
- Animation or related Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of experience in the game and/or application production environment.
- A portfolio displaying exceptional process of character design or game development with a demonstration of good sketching skills is a plus.
- Experience in designing games/applications with a long-term live service. Experience in being lead of character creator development-related projects is a plus.
- Passionate about experimenting with user-facing character creators in the market, with a good understanding of what makes the application easy-to-use and engaging.
- Great presentation skills, being able to pitch ideas across the company.
- Superior communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in verbal and written English is a must.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with an ability to identify, troubleshoot, and provide solutions for issues related to the character pipeline.
- Create and implement concepts using tools and technologies.
- Proficiency in modern 2d/3d animation and skeleton-based tools e.g. Adobe Animate CC, Adobe After Effects, Blender, Spine 2D, etc.
The role will help the team to achieve
- Building a professional character library with a good diversity for Vyond’s library.
- Envision the global market standard and support the product in terms of the application of animated characters in business/enterprise storytelling.
- Support character development initiatives in the future.
- Open and flat culture that lets you make a real impact
- Friendly and collaborative work environment Medical Insurance
- Performance-based yearly bonus
- Five-day work week
- Birthday holiday
- Video games and Ping Pong for breaks
- Hong Kong office is a 5-minute walk from Sheung Wan MTR Close to numerous affordable great restaurants
- The most comfortable and energizing open office in town
- Free snacks, fruits, coffee, and other drinks
- Beer Fridays!
- Watch 12 movies for free every year!
Interested parties please send your resume with the current and expected salary and date of availability.
VYOND™ is a trademark of GoAnimate, Inc.
Email Your Resume