With a global customer base creating important videos for all types of audiences, it’s critical that we include different cultures, nationalities, ethnicities, languages, and abilities in Vyond Studio.
Behind the scenes at Vyond, we take customer feedback very seriously, and we’ve heard from many of you that we haven’t done enough to provide the breadth and depth of diversity that you need. So, we plan to make significant improvements and additions to assure that our characters, templates, and props are diverse and inclusive.
Here’s what we’ve been working on, with more to come:
The Latest Updates to Vyond Studio
- 22 new “Jobs & Workplace” characters.
- 10 new “Casual” characters.
- A variety of modifications to some existing characters.
- We previously had seven named categories for office workers, so we simplified them into one “Office Professionals” category to make characters easier to locate.
- Business Friendly templates were recently updated with a rotating cast to assure representation of people in various job roles and power positions. We will continue to work on this.
- In 2016 we added a various new hairstyles and facial features. We will continue to work on this.
Here are the new characters in Vyond Studio
250+ flags from around the world, including a rainbow flag, will be added shortly. For flags and any future emojis we may add to Vyond, we will be following the Unicode Consortium “Unicode Standard,” which is set by members of Adobe, Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Netflix, Oracle, SAP, and others.
We are in the research and development stages of addressing various aspects of character accessibility. For example, wheelchairs and canes. There are several wheelchair and cane actions in Vyond, but there aren’t enough for you to properly represent people using assistive walking devices. We’re working to add as many new as possible as we continue to improve Vyond.
We want to make sure we’re giving you a tool that allows you to express your business values. It is our goal to equally represent and include people throughout Vyond.
We’d love to hear what you have to say. Is there something in Vyond we need to change or add in order for you to represent your viewing audience? Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re listening to your feedback, so please keep giving it.
GoAnimate is now Vyond. Learn more about the changes.
Vyond allows people of all skill levels in all industries and job roles to create dynamic and powerful media. With features that go beyond moving text and images, you can build character-driven stories or compelling data visualizations that engage audiences and deliver results.
Start making your own videos today. Sign up for a free 14-day trial.