Twitter has a bird, Nike a tick, McDonald’s the golden arches, and Apple an apple. All of these are instantly familiar icons.
Your logo is one of the most recognizable things about your business. That’s why it needs to be simple, striking, and professional.
You could work with an agency to create your logo, but that route often proves expensive. Luckily, there are now great marketplaces like Upwork and Designhill for freelance logo designers. If hiring someone is completely out of your budget, however, you’ll need an affordable alternative—like an online logo maker software.
Read on to understand the various logo making options available, and click here to learn how to create your own logo animation.
Logo Makers 101
A small design budget is no excuse for not having a logo. There are plenty of low-cost logo makers that organizations can use to create custom, memorable logos.
A logo maker is a software or web-based application with stock design templates, fonts, images, and more, so you can create a logo in minutes.
Logo makers vary widely, so it’s important to know what you’re looking for in a program to meet your design needs.
- User-friendliness: How easy is this logo maker to use? Consider your design skill level to make sure you pick a logo maker that you can use.
- Professional: While saving money with logo makers is optimal, you don’t want to settle for a low-quality logo. Make sure that a logo maker has professional-grade designs to avoid downgrading your brand.
- Customizable: With generic templates, you can’t create a memorable, stand-out logo for your brand. A logo maker should offer enough customization options to help you create a unique image.
- Cost: While a logo maker is less expensive than hiring a designer, it’s important to check their fee structures to make sure the tool fits your budget.
To help you find the right logo maker, we’ll break down 16 tools by each of these factors. With this framework, you’ll be able to clearly assess each logo maker and decide which tool is the best fit for your brand and organization.
16 Best Logo Makers and Creation Tools
When it comes to their logo, every organization has different design priorities. A more formal company, like a law firm, might care most about achieving a professional look, while a fashion store is going to focus on unique stylization.
Considering what your organization is looking for, you can assess each logo designing software based on our criteria. Each factor—user-friendliness, professional, customizable, and cost—is given a rating of 1, 2, or 3 (with cost, it’s the same but in $ symbols). The factor’s quality is higher as the rating value increases.
Using this framework, find design tools with strengths that align with your organization’s priorities. Once you’ve chosen the best logo maker, you’ll be set to create a logo that fits your budget, enhances your brand, and draws people to your organization.
1. Adobe Illustrator
Illustrator —part of the Adobe Creative Suite—remains the kingpin of graphic design software and for good reason. It packs a punch with a host of features that give you control over every aspect of your logo design.
- The pixel grid makes it easy to cleanly align objects.
- The precise shape-building tools, brushes, and advanced path controls give you the freedom to create almost any graphic you can think of.
- Perspective grids can help create realistic depth and distance.
- When color needs to be used sparingly, gradients can be very effective. Illustrator enables interactions with gradients directly on an object. Users can even apply gradients to individual strokes while still controlling placement and opacity.
However, Illustrator, with so many advanced design tools, can be intimidating for beginners. It’s also a bit more expensive than most logo makers at $20.99 per month. If you’re new to graphic design, a more basic, low-cost program may be more up your alley.
2. Tailor brands
If you want to make minimal design choices, Tailor Brands‘ logo maker takes care of the work for you while still giving you plenty of professional logo options.
- Based on which type of logo you want (image-based, text-based, etc.), Tailor Brands asks you a quick set of questions about your style preferences. From your input, they offer a variety of logo options.
- Their templates look quite professional with uniquely designed fonts and a variety of colors.
- You can access the logo with a basic $2.99 monthly plan or a premium $10.99 monthly plan.
- You can only customize the logo if you’ve purchased it.
For those with little design experience, the professional templates and easy questionnaire process of Tailor Brands makes it an ideal option. However, it’s slightly limited for those who want more design capabilities since you can only customize once you’ve purchased.
If your main logo priority is creating the design quickly, Logomaker could be just what you need. Even those without any previous design experience can create a brand new logo in minutes using this online wizard.
- There’s a huge selection of artwork to build on—more than 10,000 icons and images, all created by professional designers.
- Customization is somewhat limited. Once you’ve created a logo with a template, you can change the font, text, and colors, but the main template design remains the same.
- Once you’ve created and saved a logo, you can pay $39.99 to download the original artwork.
For someone who’s interested in quickly making a logo at a reasonable cost, Logomaker is a decent solution. However, the tool’s limited customization makes it a poor choice for creating highly stylized, unique logos.
Like Logomaker, Laughingbird’s Logo Creator requires minimal design skills and investment with built-in templates and a reasonable one-time price.
- Laughingbird comes with over 170 logo templates and over 200 elements to drop into logos. You can also upload your own graphics to customize your logo further.
- There’s a range of special effects and text options to apply to logo templates.
- The design software costs $37 as a one-time fee with unlimited logo edits.
- The style of the logo templates tends to be bold and loud, so the software is best for informal companies.
Affordable and easy to use, Laughingbird is a great option for those who want to quickly create a logo with a fun, less conventional look. If you’re going for a more traditional aesthetic though, it’s best to go with a tool that has more formal templates or more customization options.
5. Logo Design Studio Pro
Summitsoft’s Logo Design Studio Pro combines the best of both worlds with advanced design features and an affordable one-time cost.
- The logo maker has vector graphics and tools that allow you to change your logo to any size without losing sharpness or clarity.
- It has over 2,000 customizable templates and over 6,000 vector shapes, images, fonts, or graphics. If you want even more designs, you can purchase an expansion pack for more templates.
- There are plenty of special effects, such as lifting your logo from the canvas or adding a 3D bevel technique.
- The one-time cost is $49.99.
Logo Design Studio Pro comes with the rare combination of advanced design tools and a reasonable price tag. With that said, its features aren’t at the premium level of a tool like Adobe, so the designs look a tad unpolished and bare compared to top brands’ logos.
LogoYes is one of the simplest platforms features-wise on this list. With preset graphic icons and fonts, the program allows you to create a basic logo in no time.
- The tool is very straightforward. There’s a drag-and-drop canvas where you add text and make small graphics tweaks, such as rotating, resizing, flipping, or repositioning elements.
- There are no special effects, and you can only use one graphic icon per logo.
- LogoYes only charges $0.99 to download a logo’s design files, including high-resolution versions.
If a very clean, basic logo is all you need and you’re on a small budget, this could be the option for you. The lack of special effects and other design features in LogoYes though makes it a poor choice for those who want a more intricate, stylized logo.
Sothink’s Logo Maker Pro offers a lot of customizability for a one-time, reasonable price. There are plenty of features for creating a unique logo to fit your brand image.
- You have the choice of building on 300+ free templates and editing an existing logo or creating your own from scratch.
- Sothink has advanced coloring tools—choose a dominant shade and it will list relevant palettes for you to use.
- It has several vector drawing tools and a few dozen special effects, which can be applied to individual text letters.
- It costs $59.99 as a one-time fee to download the software.
For a one-time fee of roughly $60, you get a fair amount of logo design features with Sothink’s tool. The coloring tools, especially the palette suggestions, are particularly useful. Overall though, the effects of Sothink aren’t quite as advanced as Adobe Illustrator, making the designs looking a bit flatter.
The Designhill logo maker is an ideal solution for someone who doesn’t want to handle individual design choices but wants a lot of logo options to choose from.
- You select logo design styles, colors, and icons, and the tool generates a wide selection of custom logos based on your preferences.
- There aren’t many customization options—mainly altering the colors and size shapes on the logo template.
- The logomaker charges $20 for a low-resolution file of the logo and $65 for a high-resolution file.
With few customization options, Designhill is best for those who have little design experience looking for a quick, easy logo creator.
Canva is a graphic design-tool website that’s used for logos as well as many other design projects. Its easy drag-and-drop editor along with its sleek, professional layouts make it a great choice for non-designers and professionals.
- Canva has over a hundred templates to build and design logos easily.
- Its drag-and-drop editor makes it easy to arrange elements—either Canva’s elements or your own uploaded graphics—within your logo template.
- The templates are high-quality, so logos made with Canva tend to look professional.
- The logo creation process is free if you use your own elements or Canva’s free elements. Additionally, they offer premium elements for $1 each.
Canva simplifies design, so it’s an especially great logo maker for those without experience. While it has less customization features than more advanced programs, the logos you create with Canva’s high-quality templates are bound to look stunning and professional.
10. Looka (formerly LogoJoy)
Looka combines your design preferences with AI to create a custom logo. The program uses AI to determine what logo designs users might like based on their color, style, and icon preferences. Looka also offers marketing asset design and website building capabilities.
- Looka generates a wide selection of custom logos based on your listed color, style, and icon preferences.
- Customization is limited. Once your logos are created, you can mainly just alter the colors and size shapes on the logo template.
- Looka charges $20 for a single low-resolution file of the logo and $65 for multiple high-res files and color variations. The company also offers an enterprise option for $90 that includes brand guidelines, social media kit, and business card designs
If you’re deciding between this platform and Designhill, one slight differentiator is that Looka’s designs tend to be a bit more bold with additional intricate designs. Looka is best for those looking to immediately create a logo with little design work plus the added capability to design a complete business system based on the logo.
11. Hatchful by Shopify
When you’re on-the-go, Hatchful is the ideal logomaker. Designed for mobile devices, this app uses machine learning to create brand assets for you.
- The app comes with a wide selection of templates, so you can build a logo in minutes.
- Using machine learning, Hatchful suggests logo designs based on your selected industry and other custom factors.
- The app offers both free templates and premium templates for up to $8.99 each.
Designing on mobile can be restrictive. With a smaller screen, it’s difficult or impossible to create the complex logos that many professional brands have. At the same time, designing on mobile with Hatchful is great for convenience. If you need to create a quick logo for a last-minute project—a social media graphic, event design—it’s nice to be able to quickly do so from your phone or tablet.
12. Squarespace logo maker
In addition to providing website building software, Squarespace also offers a bare-bones logo creation tool. It’s one of the simplest tools on this list, so it’s a great choice for those with limited time or design skills.
- Arrange text and icons in a drag-and-drop editor.
- Text and icons are customizable by color, shape, and style.
- Customization is limited since the only available elements are text and icons.
- Low-res, watermarked versions can be downloaded for free, or you can download a high-res version for $10 (free if you’re a Squarespace member).
The strengths of Squarespace’s tool are immediacy and cost—you can quickly create a logo for little to no money. With that said, customization is challenging since the only elements are text and icons, and the lack of templates make creation a challenge for non-designers.
GraphicSprings‘ logo maker offers both ease and convenience along with a few advanced features. You can easily create a logo in minutes, or you can spend more time customizing and refining the logo if you’d like.
- GraphicSprings automatically creates a logo for you based on the business name you enter and the industry-based graphic you select.
- Once your logo is created, you can adjust more detailed effects—stroke, shadow, glow, and more—to create a more polished look.
- There aren’t templates, so it can be difficult for those with little design experience to readjust the logo elements’ arrangement.
- Once the logo is created, you can download the file for $19.99.
GraphicSprings is great for quick, affordable logo creation, and the fact that it has a few advanced design tools is a nice plus. But with no templates and few design elements, GraphicSprings is a poor choice for those who want to see and experiment with a variety of logo looks.
If you’re looking for a unique, custom logo at an affordable price, Logoshi is worth considering. Beyond generating logos from traditional inputs—like color preferences and business names—it will also generate logos from your own sketch.
- Logoshi will generate logos from a variety of inputs—your business name, initials, color preferences, and a custom sketch.
- The suggested logos look professional with unique icons and fonts—especially when they are designed to match your custom sketch.
- Once the logo is created, you can customize each element’s color, position, size, and more.
- Logos can be purchased from anywhere between $5 to $30. At the premium price, you get a wider selection of logo downloads with different colors and backgrounds.
Logoshi offers a lot of pros as a logo maker—it’s affordable, requires little to no design experience, and offers high-quality, custom logos. Even if you’re looking for a tool with more design capabilities, Logoshi is worth trying out since there’s no cost to having logos generated.
Like many of the other input-based logo makers, Logaster’s strength is speed and convenience rather than design capabilities.
- After entering your company name and industry type, Logaster suggests a variety of logos with different fonts, colors, and icons.
- Each suggested logo is customizable with several layout and color options.
- Logos are offered for free in a small, low-quality size and range from $10 to $25 for larger, high-quality sizes.
Being able to create a logo so quickly and easily with Logaster is a big plus for those with a busy schedule and minimal design skills. With that said, Logaster’s designs look somewhat unprofessional with generic fonts and icons. If you have the ability to put more time and energy into your logo, other advanced logo makers may be better for creating a more polished look.
16. Logo Design
If you’re looking for drag-and-drop features with the flexibility of custom graphic design software Logo Design is for you.
- Create your logo automatically or search for your desired symbol from over 5000 designs. Then customize your symbol by adding text, shapes, and effects like drop shadow, shine, gloss, stroke or opacity.
- The tool lets you customize symbols without logging in or payment. It’s only when you want to download that it asks for $39. You can also download low-res versions for free.
- Logos are $57 for two and $97 for three.
For those looking for a quick and easy fix, LogoDesign.net offers value for your money. With a long list of modern fonts and a variety of illustrative symbols, you are bound to get a logo that will match your business needs.
17. Wix Logo Maker
If you have sharp taste and are looking for a professional logo design, you may want to consider the Wix Logo Maker. Wix’s complementary drag-and-drop website builder can be bundled with the logo tool, making it a great choice for anyone building a brand from the ground up.
- Start by sharing info like your business name and line of work, and the logo maker will automatically generate a range of logo to choose from. Then, customize the text, icon, and color palette to your liking.
- If you have a more specific vision, or want more customization, you can also use the tool to get matched with a professional designer.
- The tool learns from what you like to create your design. It asks you to vote on a series of logos to better understand your preferences and taste.
- It costs $49 to download basic logo files, or $99 to download all versions (including vector versions). That price drops to $11-$24 per month when you sign up for one of Wix’s premium website plans.
Wix Logo Maker is a fantastic solution for anybody who lacks design skills, but knows what they like. The wide-ranging, but not-too-broad options for customizing your logo makes it easy to quickly create a professional-grade design.
A Quick Refresher
Can’t remember each of these logo makers? Here’s a quick recap of the tools we covered:
|Logo Design Studio Pro||2||2||3||$$|
|Hatchful by Spotify||3||1||1||$|
|Squarespace Logo Maker||2||1||1||$|
|Wix Logo Maker ||3||3||2||$$$|
Boost Your Brand with a Dynamic Logo Maker
Logos aren’t just for large corporations. Thanks to online logo makers, any organization, big or small, can create logos that stand out and convey their style and mission.
We created this breakdown of 16 online logo makers so you can find the tool that’s best for your organization. Consider your own situation—your design skills, budget, and more—so you can find a logo maker with strengths that align with your specific needs. Have this design tool on hand, and you’ll be set to create a meaningful, appealing logo that attracts audiences to your brand.
Once you’re done creating your new logo, it’s time to animate it! Vyond allows people of all skill levels in all industries and job roles to create dynamic and powerful media. With features that go beyond moving text and images, you can build character-driven stories or compelling data visualizations that engage audiences and deliver results.
Sign up for a free 14-day trial and attend our bi-weekly tour of the Vyond Studio.
Watch and learn how to animate your logo in Vyond: